I had the below message from a client:
When trying to browse to the SharePoint Intranet site, it keeps asking my credentials and not accept it. I’m sure my credential is correct and I have a full access permission to this site.
You need to Disable Loopback check:
1. In the SharePoint Server, click Start > Run > type "regedit" ( to open the Registry Editor)
2. In Registry Editor, open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa
3. Right-click on Lsa, > New, and then click DWORD Value. (If your SharePoint is running on Windows 2008, then you should select DWORD 32bit)
4. Name it DisableLoopbackCheck
5. Right-click on DisableLoopbackCheck, and click Modify.
6. In the Value data box, type 1 and then OK.
7. The SP site will accept the credentials.
Intranet is working !!!!!
Hope it helps,